Re: non lsr Worlds Oldest Dragstrip(Dust Devils)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: non lsr Worlds Oldest Dragstrip(Dust Devils)
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 10:25:56 -0800
Bruce; Those other guys might be able to help you out with drag strip
opening and closing dates, 'cause they are really old. I on the other hand
am much to young to remember any of that.
I do remember the first Drag Race I ever went to at "Little Bonneville Drag
Strip" in San Jose. Near Reid-Hillview airport and the old paved San Jose
Speedway. It had a very short shut off and a nice looking fenderless coup
went off the end and rolled, crunching the top. I told the guy it was to bad
his car got ruined and he said, " It's OK. It will just be a roadster next
week". Good lesson there.    Rich Fox