RE: Traffic Lights (non-LSR

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Traffic Lights (non-LSR
From: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 13:53:49 -0500
I can't help but wonder how many traffic lights are equipped with receivers.
The public safety guy I know said if it becomes a problem, they'll just
reprogram the lights to go Red all-ways, which while not as good will at
least give the cars that have to get out of the way a place to go.  In
that case if you were using one of these to cheat the light, you would
be extending your 'stuck behind a red light' time unless you were the
first in line at the intersection.

Heck, why not just install a siren and some lights behind the front and
back windows.  Then you can get people out of your way on the hiway too!
Probably about the same penalty if you were caught.

Jim W.