Re: fire extinguishers and race cars

To: "lone eagle" <eaglemot@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: fire extinguishers and race cars
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:55:37 -0800
List
One thing you want to remember is to clean the lines often, not each season.
A lot of things can plug them and it's easy to blow them out. Making sure
the release knobs, cable etc. are free and have some lube on the cable helps
as well. Ask any driver thats had a fire lately what they think. Sealing up
the smallest holes are criticle as is the thickness of fire walls. Setting
in your vehicle with a blindfold on and trying to find everything helps if
you have a smoky fire and knowing where everything is in an emergency. Fuel
shut off, chute release, and fire bottle release (engine & driver)
Don't forget the head/neak sock.
Glen