RE: Limitations

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Limitations
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:22:38 -0600
Glen;

I don't fault the SCTA, or any car or driver. My point is that making an
accident report-- not a big deal investigation, just the facts as best we
know them-- widely available to LSR racers would be helpful, alerting others
to a potentially hazardous situation, practice, or piece of equipment, etc.
I don't think every "event" necessarily calls for a rules change but where
it does, that's fine.

Frankly, I haven't the faintest idea of what prompted the rules change
regarding window nets but I know what they are supposed to do. How many know
the specifics of what happened that prompted that change?

My point is that the more we all know about accidents and near-accidents,
the better we can avoid repeating those mistakes.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ