Re: Rules Q and Electrical Q

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rules Q and Electrical Q
From: "Rick Byrnes" <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:31:04 -0400
Mayf, In 10 years of running the F/PS Merkur I had a factory throttle cable.
Early on, I fabricated a toe strap because the rule was not easily
understood.  I only had to install it once, back in 94 or 95 to pass tech,
(It was easier to install than to argue with one tech guy)Otherwise, (and
these days) no problem.  Now, the fact that you are M/S may be an issue, but
I don't believe so.  Particularly with factory type EFI.  Since you have 10
months like me, an alternative might be in your best interest.  Do remember
a second return spring, and no the TP sensor is not adequate   :=d
A fire near the cable could melt the plastic liner.
I am in favor of the factory type springs, and am using one on my new intake
manifold.  (no Dave not slide throttles.  If I do that it will be yours).
Photo attached.  I know it will be deleted from the list.
Rick

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
OCT 03 new intake and throttle linkage.jpg]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
OCT 03 Canopy and dash.jpg]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
OCT 03 Front view.jpg]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
OCT 03 Left front view.jpg]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
OCT 03 right rear side.jpg]