Speed Week

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speed Week
From: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:09:57 -0400
Well I guess I missed a good one. Lots of stuff going on all the time. Waiting
around here trying to get little tidbits of info on what's going on. What a
bummer for me.

Of major interest for me was Tom Bryant's runs. 242 MPH, Wow. Unbelievable HP.
For  those of you who don't know, Tom has been running on the salt since
before it was dry. Anyway when I came on the scene 15 years ago the record in
D/GCC was 206 MPH. And Tom was still running the Pierson Coupe. A few years
later I managed to take the record at 210 MPH. We've traded it back and forth
many time over the past years, and its been good competition. But what is so
impressive to me is that we have, more accurately Tom has, managed to put 36
MPH on that original record. Hope I'm up to the task of taking it back one
more time in Sept. I know Tom won't make it easy for me, but the pressure is
what keeps me working hard for better results. I've got kids I want to put in
the Two Club too.

Congratulation to Tom and Dan

John Beckett, #79 D/GCC