Bonneville Request

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonneville Request
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:48:28 -0700
As part of my trip this year, spectating and goofing off, I will be
attempting to determine the coefficient of static friction between tire
rubber and the salt. I plan on doing this several times a day and several
times at each time. Two of the data items I do not have a handle on is
uncorrected barometric pressure, humidity, and of course temperature. I have
been trying unseuccessfully to find one of those old timey weather stations
that had temp, baro, and relative humidity on them. If anyone is coming to
bville and has one that I could borrow for a day or 2 while I am there, I
would appreciate it. Or if you have a good digital thermometer or absolute
pressure gage with a range of 0 to say 15 to 20 psia or a hygrometer I would
appreciate the loan. Look for the Power Stroke with mayf on the tailgate.

I will be there late Monday afternoon.