Re: Racing costs

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Racing costs
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 07:44:16 -0700
Dave,
You see, I don't have first hand info on this scene. I am relating what
I have been told. I don't doubt your info.

My data info gives driveshaft and engine rpm. So far, on gasoline, we
have run 230 mph @ Bonneville and 206 mph @ El Mirage. In both cases the
driveshaft rpm and engine rpm are nearly identical, maybe a 20 rpm
difference at times. I haven't had a traction problem since we installed
the spoiler. When we go back to fuel, it may be a different story, but
we are going almost as fast on gas as we were previously on fuel. Just
another reason why I am not enthused with the traction control idea, I
suppose.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC