Re: Wiring harnesses

To: Land-speed list <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring harnesses
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:11:52 -0700
Liquid electrical tape can be useful. Relays and solenoids are sealed
fairly well
but can be completely sealed by painting over bottom to seal the case
and pins.
You can tape the contact area and dip connectors to seal them. I believe
wiring
needs to be inspected between meets. Bundling wires tightly can cause
electrical
problems occasionally if any ignition wiring is in the bundle. I use
Silicone dielectric
grease on all connections. You can get a large tube at your Ford dealer
for less
than $10.00. If you bought the same amount in the little tubes from the
auto supply
it would cost over $100.00. It's also good for lubeing brake calipers.
Best wire to use is aircraft wire but it's very expensive. Standard wire
used with
some care and checked regularly had worked well for me.

Bryan