Well, What Did I accomplish This Week...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Well, What Did I accomplish This Week...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:47:50 -0700
Not much, I am afraid.
I ordered 2 each 90 degree -10 AN socketless fittings and they just came via
UPS. Finished the plumbing in the trunk except for an overflow on the tank
pressure cap (ala radiator type) and buying a cap of about 4 or 5 psi. All
electrical work in the trunk is done except for getting the Optima Battery
and screwing it into place. Wires are all there now. Plumbing for the 10
gallon reservoir which runs through the passenger side is complete as is the
starter battery cable. Everything goes through a feed through to seal the
bulkheads at the trunk and the firewall. Started installing the engine
harness and am about 2/3'd of the way done with that. Have to locate where
the coil is going to go and trim that pair of wires to a reasonable length.
Have alread done that for the MAF system and the TFI module on the side of
the distributor. Just a fe more of the engine harness wires and that will be
done. The the instrument wires although I have a couple of them done already
also. Have to install another weather pack for the Left O2 sensor for the
dash readout. Have to wire the water pump and fan although for the life of
me, I cannot figure where to put the fan, so it may not go on until the
stretched version of this puppy. So another good day and the wiring will be
complete. I bought a couple of small dry cells, 6 volts, which will give me
enough oomph to test the wiring to see if the proper voltages are getting
everywhere. That will happen next week. Even with this dummy of a motor
there will still be a couple of things I canot do until the real thing is in
place. Like the Alternator and its mounting..this thin has not crank so no
pulley etc. I still have to make the radiator plumbing work and that wil
also be tight. Oh, I managed to finish, except for welding one half of the
crankcase evac system. I need to cut the oblong hole in the other exhaust
pipe and eld the nozzles in place. Then get a -10 size hose barb "T" and
plumb it all together.

S stuff is happening. A question for the group though. I just have all the
wires tie wrapped together (yeah like a million of them litle suckers):
would it be better to use the wire loom tape and tape it all back like from
the factory? After I check it all out for sure? How windy do you think it
will get in the engine compartment?

Oh, and I just might put a Gurney flap on the ends of my air dam to throw
the air away from the front wheel opening..

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

mayf

oh and I already got a ding in the paint on the fender...off to autozone to
get a couple of fender blankets tomorrow....