Re: EFI Question 2

To: Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: EFI Question 2
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 05:10:15 -0400
That would actually reduce the fuel flow. The injectors have an opening time
that ranges from 0.75 ms to 1.5 ms. Now you have to open them twice. To make the
math easy at 6000 rpm there are 10 ms. per rev. If you open the injector once
you lose the 0.75 once. if you open it twice it cost you 1.5 instead of 0.75 ms.
For a 7.5% reduction in fuel flow. Injectors are sized by hp not cubic inches.
How much power does the engine make and at what rpm?? What is the port layout?
Siamesed intakes or one for each cylinder?
Dave