EFI question

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: EFI question
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:21:55 -0700
List efi qualified persons;  As you may know my '32 Ply has a Hilborn type
fuel injection using a throttle body from an F150. It is a 2bbl unit with
about 6.08 sq. in. area ignoring the throttle shaft. I was cruising junk stuff
and thinking about a two two bbl manifold like the other V4 cars and picked up
2 Chevy TPI throttle bodies cheap. The water in and out was corroded and all
the little 4 X 0.7mm screws stuck . Had to drill and tap for 10X24. The two
Chevy units combined had an area of around 11.234 Sq. In. Then I saw a Suzuki
750 EFI 4 barrels complete with fuel rail and injectors and clean for the same
as the 2 Chevy pieces. It has a combined area of about 7.750 Sq. In. But I'm
sure the injectors would never flow enough fuel for a 210 inch engine. Are
these things mostly interchangeable? Can something be done to pass a much
larger fuel flow? Right now I'm using 4 Hilborn #6 nozzles and that's problem
what I'll do even with the Suzuki unit but I'm just wondering.    Rich Fox