Speedweek Checklist

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedweek Checklist
From: Tom Shannon <saltfevr@xmission.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 08:37:36 -0600
4 weeks and counting! Keith Turk and Jim Dincau have a handy pre-race
checklist found on Jon Amo's site.
http://www.landracing.com/faq/checklist.htm.
Also remember some of the biggest inspection line failures:

1. need two throttle return springs
2. no firewall gaps,(the guys in the orange hats will be lookin' for
daylight)
3. SFI firesuit tags,varies with speed and vehicle type
4. Shielded fuel lines
5. Fuel tank venting
6. Drivers helmet Snell tag reading SA95 or M95 or later must be visible.
Don't worry the nice shopping cart lady(Judy Sights) will greet you on
this one.
I'm sure many of you could add to this list. Be safe,go fast,have fun.
Tom Shannon
Magna,Utah(where the calendar says I can water the lawn today)