Re: Ballast yet again

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>, Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Ballast yet again
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 06:35:42 -0600
My understanding was that your car had been running as a race car for some
time.  What was the experience with others who have driven that car?  Have
there been handling problems at speed?  What were the problems with it
before you acquired it?

You may want to talk to the owner of Flatfire.  When he sold the car several
years ago it was set up with the weight in a radically different location
and ended up in a ball.  They rebuilt the car with the weight in the
original location ... no reported problems.

That aero testing on the track seems to me to be more trustworthy than
speculation for a specific, proven car ... but what do I know?

Wes