Quietness of the list, paint and Turbos...again

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Quietness of the list, paint and Turbos...again
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 11:55:32 -0700
Seems to be rather quiet today. Did lots of you meander out of town for the
weekend? We stayed home and watched the fireworks from our driveway. Long
ways away but far beter than the traffic mess thqat ensues afterward.

Taped off the car and started my fretful painting. Painted the trunk snow
white inside. White hardly shows runs at all! And there are runs. Doesn't
look to aful bad though from about 50 feet, LOL. Removed that masking and
remasked for the Grabber Blue paint that went into the engine compartment
and the cockpit area. What a pain to paint. But got most of it done, missed
a few spots that I will need to get with the air brush. This was better
because, jeeze I followed the instructions on mixing. Will wonders never
cease. Not too many runs in this paint. Still some though. In the process, I
managed to paint myself, and I could have matched hair color with Keith's
"Old Blue HAir". I still have blue paint all over me, but slowly wearing
off. Now I know why the sell those full coveralls. But I bet you sweat like
a pig in one of those, especially out here where the air gets pretty warm. I
will mask off the blue and white sections next week, after touch up of the
blue, and do the red exterior. It should bea lot easier because I do not
have to get inside the engine compartment nor half into the drivr's area.
Just stand and p[aint. Door jambs at the hinge area will be the hardest. I
had used a lot of news print to drape the car, but next time will use
plastic as a drape, maybe drop cloths? I asked about the plastic draping
stuff but they didn't have a clue.

This painting stuff is a lot like what Dave D. and I have been nattering on
at each other for the past  weeks or so. Pretty simple to do but experience
makes it work. I know how to mix the paint, filter it into the gun, start
the air compressor, aim and spray. BUt there is a lot more to it than that
and experience makes the difference between success and failure or at least
a bad paint job.

As to the turbo discussion, we probably just need to agree to disagree and
let it go.

well, hope every one had a safe and sane 4th.