RE: tire test

To: rtmack@concentric.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: tire test
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 19:53:53 +1000
>One question-- does the Burkland's spinner turn the tire through the axle
>(spinning "free")-- or do they rotate the tire with a drum against the
>tread?
>Russ, #1226B

I have recollections of a post that the Burklands authored about testing
heavy duty aero tyres( many plies )   that were subject to very heavy loads
at landing at high speeds and after the testing to destruction this type of
tyre on the Burklands test rig  the concensus was that the loading on the
tyre only played a minor roll compaired to the centrifugal forces in its
ultimate destruction , anyway it appears that a large safety margin is
manufactored into these commercial tyres :)  hopefully the michelin
motorcycle tyres are of the same quallity as these are what I will be using
Gary