Re: Compressor Surge Definition

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Compressor Surge Definition
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:07:13 -0700
I do not know. Howevver, there are any number of digital controllers. And
this is what a waste gate does but is just preset to some specific value.
Now let's see, you are measuring the ac component of th epressure in the
ductwork. When it starts to flow backwards or the pressue increases
dramatically then you open the waste gate?  Ok, so this only makes tis
electrical because you have to put in a set point for the pressure
transducer to trigger? NO, No, I see, when you start getting some ac then
you activate the waste gate untill no more ac.. Might work! Not being
electronic by nature, would take somebody smarter than me to develop. And
the first thing would be to take a measurement during a surging condition to
see if it is even measureable.