Re: Weight and Balance stuff again

To: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Weight and Balance stuff again
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:02:31 -0700
John,

The simple answer, from my point of view, is if you add weight to the
rear for traction, (Conventional wisdom of old), it works great unless
you spin the tires. If it still spins the tires the rear will want to
lead. It has been proven by several that a balanced car handles. The
rule I will live by, which came at great expense and experience, is: The
center of mass behind the center of gravity.

After adjusting the car to the above, I made a check out run with the
tires spinning for over a mile on a loose course, after hitting the
nitrous, and it moved about on the course, but at no time did it seem
uncomfortable. The front wanted to lead.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC