Re: what transmission should I seek? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "Bob Denton" <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: what transmission should I seek? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 20:10:26 -0400
Bob

I have run a T-400 (not a good plan), Maverick 3-speed (worked OK on the
salt, but not the concrete), Top Loader 4-speed (worked great and still is).
Currently running a T-101 like Keith (with a very close ratio). Think the
ratios are as important as anything. A T-10 is a good bet and can be had in
some reasonably good ratios.

As for your shifter problem: Use a Hurst shifter, build a new shifter mount
that angles the shifter 20 to 30 degrees to the right. Then get some 3/8"
strap and cut a new shifter handle that's angled even more and eventually
angles back to a vertical position next to your right leg. Quite a
fabrication project, but you will have the shifter on your right side.

Much easer to shift between your legs. I think Willie Glass's flathead
roadster is this way.

JB