Maxton May Meet

To: Land-speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maxton May Meet
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 06:59:37 -0400
Another good meet...this time we didn't have to dry the track multiple
times!!! Between Saturday and Sunday, we completed 413 runs in a little
over 13 hours. There were about 55 or so entrees split between bikes &
cars, so everyboby got plenty of seat time! We had a couple of bikes
that made over 15 passes each on Sunday. We had no racing
events...crashes, spins, etc., just a minor incident when a bike fell
over in the pits.

The entire state of Maine came down to run Sam Samson's car. After Sam's
death in January, it was decided to run the car in 2003, in Sam's memory
and two new drivers were getting some seat time and licences. They are
planning to run Bonneville during Speedweek.

The top speed of the meet was Scott Guthrie at 228+. Top speed for cars
was Bob Hustler at209, just a tick off his 210 he ran last month. That
is one fast Stock Car!

And the best part of racing at Maxton is the fact that you don't have to
wash the track off of your race vehicle when you get home ( unless you
go "Agricultural Engineering" )!

joe