Cal Jalopy Assoc

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cal Jalopy Assoc
From: "Dan" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 08:28:08 -0700
Thought you So Cal types might like seeing old pics of Gardena Stadium &
Ascot Park in the 50's.
*************

Thanks Tom,

Brings back memories. Back in the 50s the races from Ascot or Gardena were
televised each Sunday on local channel 5. The announcer was "Whoa Nellie' Dick
Lane.

When my family was building our back yard pond, waterfall and deck(my dad was
a big fan of Sunset magazine) we would have breakfast outside with a small
black & white tv. After the races everyone would pitch in moving rocks and
assorted stuff.
We lived in a Southern Cal location named La Crescenta, affectionately known
as Rock Crescenta because we were situated on the side of a mountain and had
centuries of landslide to clear. In fact many neighbors had to landscape
around large boulders as they could not be moved.

Dan Warner