Automotive books

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Automotive books
From: "chrispile" <chrispile@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 01:48:06 -0600
List -

These are not cheap reads, nor are all of them new - however I've found them
satisfying, entertaining, and informative.........

    Chrysler - The Life and Times of an Automotive Genius .......Vincent
Curcio
        This guy made it to the top of 2 industrys from the bottom - Railroads
and Autos, he was a mechanic with business vision.

    Ford - The Dust and the Glory, Volume One..........Levine
        A classic from page one - I can hardly wait for the second volume.

    GUTS .........Bob Lutz
        He puts his money where his mouth is - maybe he can put some balls
back on the General.

    Zora - The Legend Behind the Vette.........Jerry Burton
        All the stuff you know about the corporate man, and things I never
would have guessed about the private man. Wow!

    Offenhauser - The Legendary Engine and the Men Who Built Them
.........Gordon E. White
        For a tool and die maker like me the photos of the old shops are
terrific. These guys had the passion to make it happen.

Enjoy! Chris Pile AKA aircap