aaircraft scrap yards

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: aaircraft scrap yards
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:09:31 -0800 (PST)
 "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com> wrote: ... You should have been in
Tucson a few years ago-- big radial engines were a dime a dozen. Aircraft scrap
yards were a treasure trove of goodies back then but they're mostly gone now. :
(

That's a shame.  I remember going there on a TDY about 1982.  I had a day off
and spent the entire day roaming scrap yards looking at big piston engines,
radials, inlines, some turbines, belly tanks, missile fuselages, plexiglas
canopies - - - -all kinds of neat fittings for tubing and cables. Ahh, it was
better than a tour of a museum.  All gone now.  What a shame.
Dick J In East Texas