Teardrop, Aerodynamics, Length Rule and All That

To: "land speed list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Teardrop, Aerodynamics, Length Rule and All That
From: "Paul Batts" <xlwp@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:21:34 -0500
All of this talk is very interesting and could (and probably will) go on
forever. I love it.
Someone asked "can you draw me a picture?".
Our good friends Todd and Debbie, at http://www.twinjugs.com/ were kind
enough to put up a few drawings (11 of them actually) I put together for
sake of discussion. These are some different variations on the teardrop
using some of the numbers ya'll have been throwing out.
http://twinjugs.com/racing/tear/
I like the idea of using a length/height ratio (even though I don't
understand where the six or seven degrees comes in). This does, however,
raise the question (for me anyway) as to where along the length of the drop
the tallest point should be located as that effects both the front and the
rear.
Thoughts?

PB
Thanks Deb