Fire!

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fire!
From: "Bob Jepson" <Bobbyhotrods@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 23:19:26 -0500
List,
    Just got home from a small dinner party with friends. Our host went to his
basement and retrieved a photograph to show us as we lingered at the table
after dinner; in the process I guess he knocked a piece of steel wool on his
workbench onto a lantern battery. Just by luck my wife Jan went downstairs a
bit later and saw smoke. We were able to put out the blaze, but in another 60
seconds we wouldn't have been so fortunate. It was a good sized fire with lots
of smoke (and I still stink of it). One moral of the story is that he had a
fire extinguisher there, but it wasn't mounted to the wall, rather just
sitting amongst a bunch of stuff. Like he, you'd never find it in smoke and
confusion.... they're useless if you don't know EXACTLY where they are.
Have a safe holiday, and mount your fire extinguishers!    BJ