Re: Stress Relieving...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stress Relieving...
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 14:22:34 EST
In a message dated 12/15/02 7:51:58 AM Central Standard Time, LGMCAFEE writes:

<< <
  Seems I remember that Rolls Royce, in the olden days, used to take their
  inline block castings and toss them into the back yard of their plant for
  around 6 years before starting any machine work on them. Myth? Maybe, but
  fits the age stress relief thoughts going around.

  mayf

 I have read where Starrett the company that makes precision measuring tools
takes their stock and let it age for a number of years out in the weather
before it is made into a tool. So I think their is something to this type of
stress relieving.
 Larry Mac >>
Meant to send to list but just sent to mayf.