RE:Re: Re: another statistic(NON lsr)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:Re: Re: another statistic(NON lsr)
From: Drylakercr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 01:49:30 EST
Well, Todd (and anyone else who doesn't know me)--

I am the 34 yr. old female on this list. I run two cars with my dad. The
faster of the two is a C/GMR that was built by Jerry Kugel as a Rod & Custom
project car in 1969, then it was owned by Gordon Hoyt (he once hit a
porta-potty in it on a record run), and lastly it was owned by Glen Miller.
We have been its caretaker since last December--my dad tells people it was my
Christmas present. The reason I "needed" it was to go faster and that I have
done (220 @ World Finals). Our slower car is a orangey-red '39 Chevy coupe
running in the XX0/VGC class. I hold the records in that class at Muroc
(137.909) and El Mirage (151.854). My dad holds the records at Bonneville in
this class and the altered class--that is a long story but let's just say the
last time we took the coupe to Bonneville I was at home recuperating from a
dog incident. We run both cars under "Keith & Katie Young." I am VERY
fortunate to have such a great dad that has shared his love for cars and r
acing with me since I was a wee little one. Plus, I am lucky to drive his
cars because he is a great, gifted mechanic/crew chief, especially with 6
cylinders!

Although I have been around LSR since I was conceived, I do have a non-racing
life. I am a new mom (hence, Wes' comments about you needing to also buy me a
very small pink firesuit). Besides my little Carmen I also "have" 32 4th and
5th graders that I consider "my kids." To find out more about my little
family and I, and see photos of us, check out our website:
http://homepage.mac.com/lafamiliacortez

Now in closing, I'll let you off the hook about getting me new gloves and
driving boots since my dad just got me some last year, but I do think I am up
for a new helmet in 2003!

Take care and it is nice to meet you. Hopefully, we'll meet up at the races
sometime.

: - ) Katie Young Cortez