Guam Bomber get hammered

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Guam Bomber get hammered
From: "Terry Hunt" <guambomb743@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:04:40 -0800
Thanks friends for your concern for us in Guam. Five days ago a supertyphoon
hit here. Winds 150 with gusts to 185.This typhoon passed over the north
part of the island so we were in the eyewall for 7 to 8 hours. A real ass
kicker. Many structures were destroyed. Cars and shipping containers rolled
over. Power is out and it will take weeks before it's back. No water yet.
Telephone and internet returned after four days. I.m on my generator at this
time but that won't last because there are gasoline supply problems.
Lightning hit the fuel farm at the port. A jet fuel tank and a gasoline tank
have burned and the fire still rages. I spend time chain sawing the broken
tree debris and loading the pickup. So far twelve loads. Probably twenty
more before the property is cleaned up. Fortunately the house which I built
to SCTA standards is OK. AND Rose, the dogs and I are tired but alive and
well. Terry Hunt, Guam Bomb, #743