records

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: records
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:54:54 -0700
   I finally got my records up on my pool room wall and they look good but
there is one thing bothering me. I didn't get to 180mph last year, we came
oh so close at 179.15 for a record and going into the traps I was at
179.5mph.So I have decided to switch the engine over to a mechanical cam
that should push the car  over 180mph, as it is really well matched to the
heads and intake already on the car. This was going to be an upgrade next
year anyways. So I'm going to chicken out on driving the car to North
Carolina from Ontario this year because I intend to really ring it out to
get that speed- it'll drive me nuts if I don't try. This will require
pushing this engine really hard so I'm not going to take the chance of
having to rent from U-HAUL to get home. Hey just call me Chicken Canuck!
Scott