Not much LSR

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Not much LSR
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 06:35:19 -0500
List

I am offline for ten days and a number of interesting topics have been
covered by this list........no need to contribute as these are now
old.....but.....memories of my nearly turning professional in this race car
world were stirred by talk of the Tyrell 6 wheeler car in F1....I was
shortlisted for a junior design post at Tyrell F1 a few years before this
design was created.  Didn't get taken on but was interviewed in the wood
yard establishment that was their HQ.

Jane and I were visiting the USA for some sunshine and time off.  Visited
south Florida, Everglades and the Keys - so nothing on LSR seen there!
Swamp Buggies and CART racing.  Only motorsport link was a visit to see the
Homestead oval track.   Watched the weather get worse across mid and
northern parts whilst relaxing in 70/80 degrees on the beach front
hotels......hope those on the East and in North are keeping warm.

Will return to LSR matters in forthcoming posts.........2003 looks busier
with the UK Electric bid on the 'new' salt flat in Tunisia (targetting
300mph), and some domestic attempts as well.

Malcolm Pittwood. Derby, England.