Ice Intercooler

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Ice Intercooler
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:39:04 -0800 (PST)
Has anybody on the list ever used or messed with ice intercooling?  I'm slowly
but surly setting up a GMC-blown Chrysler hemi.  I've heard that an intercooler
can and should be used, but I'm not sure how.  I'm using carburetors on top of
the blower.  Does the intercooler just go between the blower and the intake
manifold?  How big should it be?  Or more correctly, how small can it be?  How
much water flow does it need?  How much ice water supply does it need?  Since
the fuel will already be in the incoming charge, won't it cause the fuel to
condense and form droplets in the intake?  Last but not least, does anything
have to be done differently when running fuel (alky+nitro) instead of gas?
Any other thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Dick J in East Texas