Re: Connecticut, N. E USA storm problems?

To: wester6935@attbi.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Connecticut, N. E USA storm problems?
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:48:16 EST
          Hey Wes !  Thanks for your concern about us Nor'easters !
We did get a lot of rain this weekend but today it is a sunny and breezy
day here on the CT shoreline with a reading of 47 *   I, myself, have been
wondering why I have seen no postings from FakeRocker Keith, and also
from my pals Joe Timney in Delaware, and Bellytanker John Linville up a
ways north of me in New Hampshire, where I think it has snowed already .
          I guess everybody is busy working on projects, with or without
wheels on them ........
 On a different thread, when we were mentioning Studebakers several days ago,
someone mentioned the Belmont Sanchez / Joe Locasto / Jim Kamboor
wild chopped '53 coupe Bonneville Blaster ....... I actually came across it,
or a remarkable look-alike, in the back row of used car lot in Los Angeles
one Sunday afternoon in late 1956 or early '57, while my buddy and I were
looking for my first set of California wheels .
       The car had no engine or tranny in it, and I was amazed at what it was
doing sitting there, and not in a garage being worked on or under wraps !
       I cannot remember if the boulevard was Figueroa or La Cienega ........
but it was one of the main rows for new and used cars back then, and
probably still is ......... You and Glen would know .
         Bruce, numerically one year older tomorrow ....... often wishing I
could
step back in time to those years and once again be at Lions, Santa Ana,
Pomona, or San Gabriel to see, hear, and smell the Way It Was in
The Early Years !!!    Some of you still remember Todd Rawleigh's digger,
the beautiful Nesbitt's Orange Hemi Chrysler rail, or Reath & Mailliard's
radically chopped deuce coupe ???   Fritz Voigt's Hemi Chrysler, Romeo
Palamides dropdead gorgeous showpiece DeSoto powered rail ( one of the
first wheelstanders ? ) andCook & Bedwell's new world record holder in the
quarter ( 166.97 ) also come to mind ....... fabulous machinery to behold in
those years, especially for a car crazy 20 year old kid from New England !!!
        Oooops !!! ...... again I ramble ...... Sorry guys !!!  Just some
thoughts
of my misspent days right up till today !!!!!
                  BDF ....... Only HALF- Fast these days !