Rule Book and Interpretation

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rule Book and Interpretation
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 06:13:38 -0400
Just a question raised by the latest comments on rules and interpretation
and the inspections some underwent at Bonneville Speedweek.

Do list members agree that an overseas entrant following the "rule
book"....... for overseas read British............can construct a Modified
vehicle to be fully competitive in an SCTA (or USFRA or ECTA for that
matter) class, that WILL NOT be bounced to 'time only' at Tech Inspection
after shipping in from the British Isles, because of "interpretation
differences"?

As this list knows only too well, we are already two Nations divided by a
common language.........just picture the possible mess when we study the
same words and then use some of the differences in thinking as

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.