Missed Bonneville

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Missed Bonneville
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:31:36 -0400
With Jonathan's daily commentary and list members postings it would seem I
have missed one of the best Bonnevilles for a long time.
I couldn't get over to the US this year but if the salt keeps improving I
should be able to see some fast racing in the future.  To top it all
Richard Noble slipped over to the USA and told you all about supersonic
racing at the 200 club dinner.  The 200 club inducted the legendary LSR
Brits it seems - thanks again to KT and others for their support in
lobbying for this recognition.
John Beckett has his car in an amazing color and I miss seeing that in real
life too and i would have liked to have seen Clem's pickup close to.  The
Nolan's top 420mph with piston power...  And was it Al's last run?  I
watched in '98 from mile 7 when Al completed a 390+ run...and had a chance
to chat with him on the return road and in the pits.
Well done to all list racers who went fast and to those who broke records.
Once the boat program is out of the way, I had better work on my wife Jane
to see about creating a 200 mph ride for the salt!  Maybe something British
and as old as I am - I hit the big 50 on monday last...........

Malcolm Pittwood in a hot (warm only to Mayf), Derby, England.... but
there's no salt around......