Fun on the salt this year

To: wester6935@attbi.com, landspeedracer@msn.com, joetimney@dol.net,
Subject: Fun on the salt this year
From: <hotrod32@fuse.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:05:00 -0400
I just had to post a big THANK YOU to all who made 2002 Speedweek a big event
and a lifetime memory for me. Glenn allowed me to experience the thrill of
being at the tower which is the best seat in the house. I got to see Dan
getting Keith out of hot water with an official who did not understand the
rules as Dan had written them. Wife and I met so many of you at the bend in the
road party(thank you Amo family)Mrs. (Joe and Jon's mom) Amo is a real special
person. I felt so bad about Keith's continued string of bad luck that it really
hurt me when he broke. It was cool to hang around with Clem's crew on that
outlandish F250 diesel U/DT entry, does it really run on moonshine? I hope they
do get the U/DT record some day, that truck is at least as innovative as the
Phoenix. I learned a lot, I raced fuel dragsters in the 70's and thought I
could race landspeed in the 00"s but we gave up on that dream this week. The
limited partnership just was not to be. I will become a lurker on the list but
from now on I do not think I have anything useful to add to your comments since
you folks actually DO race. Thanks to each of you for your friendship and
especially your vast knowledge of anything car related, it was great!

John Backus- no longer a wanna be