speedweek

To: "landspeed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: speedweek
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 08:32:53 -0700
As most of the advance crew are leaving today and tomorrow to put the city on
the salt together for the racers next week think about what it takes to do
this twice each year. The preperation started last year to improve this event.
The lessons learned are put into effect whenever we can to help both the racer
and the Assoc.We volunteers do listen and try to work out problems that arise.
Our primary goal is to have a safe and fast as well as a fun meet for all.

There are times a difficult decision must be handled by the race board of
directors. Please cooperate  with them at the time. If there are questions
take them through the proper channels, the staff is there to work with you.
The first timers will be overwhelmed with what is going on at the event.
Please help them if you see they have a problem or direct them to a SCTA-BNI
member for assistance.

I highly recomment that all crew members, push truck drivers and drivers
attent the meeting on Saturday morning. There are a lot of you (need to knows
)discussed there.
The CB radio is to be on from the time the cars or bikes are pushed off to the
time they return to the pits after the run. This is the only way you can be
reached by the tower and the emergency personnel along the courses.Hand held
CB's don't work very well as they don't have the range or power necessary to
respond back to the tower.
It is recommended that you pick up your time slips on the way down to pick up
your vehicle. If we have to repeat the times it ties up the radios and takes
our attention away from the operation of the meet.

Thanks
Glen