Re: nitrous and pistons (and sparkplugs)

To: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: nitrous and pistons (and sparkplugs)
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 09:24:59 -0500
Scott and list,
I have used wire electrode plugs for experimental runs (when I have no idea
what to expect!) for years. What that does is let the wire electrode burn
off the plug before the pistons burn. Believe me, it works! Plugs are a
little pricey but not as pricey as pistons, torched heads, etc. If I run
nitrous someday, the first run(s) will be with wire electrode plugs. No
question in my mind about that! Will also happen with the first dyno runs
on the turbo engines in a few weeks. Maybe I'll have the mixture too fat
and all will be well.
Skip