Ways to spend a weekend - water not land

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ways to spend a weekend - water not land
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:14:17 -0400
Over here in the UK I spent most of the weekend in a grain barn hand
sanding the hull of our 20 foot long hydroplane Lightning Strike!  Next
weekend should see the paint go - white and purple.

We are proceeding towards a press announcement next month (its a necessary
British thing as the solo attempt will cost about $18,000.00) ahead of the
water trials and attempt on the Electric World Water Speed Record.

Once the paint is dry and the decals are on, Jonathan Amo will be sent the
photo for those who are interested.

I am biased, but she does look stunning - I just hope she works well when
on the water.  Phil Evans has done a superb design job.

Malcolm