Windows

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windows
From: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 22:02:49 -0400
    OK here is a question for the list that I think would apply for all
Modified, Classic and Production coupes and sedans. The rule book is sort of
vague on windows, but as it understand it any car can have the windows
replaced with Lexan. Now my real questions is can a rear window be replace
with something else other than glass or Lexan (fiberglass panel, aluminum
panel, etc.)? In a race vehicle we certainly don't need to see out the rear
view mirror. So as long as the panel fit's on the vehicle according to the
class rules I don't see any aerodynamic advantage or problem. With fiberglass
I can make it into the same compound shape as the original and with
considerably less expense than a new part or a custom Lexan piece. And just
think keeping some of the sun out has got to help make thing a little cooler.

    John Beckett