RE: Static electricity

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Static electricity
From: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:18:48 -0500
Keith,

I work around computers a lot, where static discharges can ruin your day.
We used to buy expensive anti-static spray, but found that a little bit of
Downy fabric softener mixed in water, put in a spray bottle and sprayed
around occasionally works just as well or better.  Smells nicer too.  A
little on the seat covers would probably do the trick as I suspect that it
is you getting charged up, not the truck.  Hop out bare footed (this will
ground you, but wait for a warm day), no shock will confirm that you are the
high potential individual.

Jim.