Re: Anotherr race date on the salt?

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Anotherr race date on the salt?
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:47:59 -0800
Bill; I agree with you completely. Having looked at that abandoned air field
site I see lots of possibilities for people not on either coast to emulate
the ECTA and grow in a way that I think would be great for everyone.
When we were growing up HRM and R&C and other magazines had large spreads on
Bonneville. That's how I got interested and if they do the same I'm sure
more young people will continue to show up at the salt. Celebrity status was
OK for MT and Craig Breedlove. That's how they made or make their living.
But few will ever achieve or want to achieve that kind of fan base. I know I
just want to be left alone to go out and play  during the 9 or 10 times a
year offered to me now. I'm just not ready for the Big Time.   Rich