Re: Anotherr race date on the salt?

To: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>,
Subject: Re: Anotherr race date on the salt?
From: "Louise Ann Noeth" <lanoeth@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 19:32:55 -0800
No place can ever usurp the magic of Bonneville, not even Lake Gardiner with
all its future promise can compete with the entrenched history.

The question reveals itself as two-part:
a., Could an additional race on the salt attract enough participants?
b., Is there enough growth in the sport to support additional events in
other parts of the nation?

Beyond that, there would rise another set of questions, but it occurred to
me (and to you as well as others) that the idea of "recreating" the
opportunity to "test and tune" might be a welcome
addition to the sport.

Would one of three sanctioning bodies pick it up? I would be surprised if
they did, so then what? A "for profit" (or loss) venture? Or would the
bigger surprise be a large enough contingent of committed speed freaks who
would turn a dream into reality?

>From my perspective, the sport is evolving in a variety of ways, how
tomorrow unfolds is the responsibility of the racer, the ones who make
manifest the dream of speed in a vehicle that will hopefully prove their
point. And in doing so, we who clap as they go by, are happy to have our
champions.

 Be Vigilant,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth

LandSpeed Productions