Women's LSR

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Women's LSR
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 19:55:47 -0500
Louise......... Help me here.......
I think if you want women's classes you need to go to bowling, tennis and
golf...
Maybe you can set women's lib back 50 years with a 'powder puff' lsr class...
And who do we get to tech genitalia....
It could be a guy with long hair a a bit on the feminine looking side.
This make traction control policing look simple. .........ROTFLOL........

Dave Dahlgren ( that's... Rolling On The Floor Laughing Out Loud)

Malcolm Pittwood wrote:

> Whilst on water for a while there was an official Women's category for
> record attempts, this has never been the case on land.
>
> Of course women have driven the official jet record holding cars of the day
> to take the 'title', but they did not break any 'official' record (which
> usually means the FIA speed).  The fastest woman on land Kitty O'Neil drove
> a rocket car that did not itself achieve an official outright LSR.
>
> Call it what you will Louise, Paula Murphy and others did not set
> 'recognised' records at over 200mph, which appears to me to be part of the
> Bonneville 200 mph club rules.
>
> If you wish to lobby for a Women's land speed record category I would
> support that, but would the SCTA double it's number of classes at a stroke?
>
> In these PC days would it not be better to support women racers who compete
> in LSR directly with the men?  Why not get a competent person into a new
> car to go after Andy Green's record or Don Vesco's record?
>
> Paula Elstrick in Australia is of course working with Rosco McGlashan to
> take the 'single jet engine' record (even though the FIA have yet to
> provide a class to this description) and to go faster than Kitty O'Neil..
>
> Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.

///