Re: tc

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tc
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 07:20:55 -0800
Thank you Dave for doing what I've been too lazy to do.

Your comment:
   "Sure hope at some
point it can be made legal for special construction cars! In my mind they are
the no
holds barred take no prisoners type of LSR racing.. A perfect place for the
latest
technology."
represents the true spirit of the Special Construction class.

For Special Construction the cost argument just doesn't hold water.
If I could buy, for 20 million dollars, a 91 CID Honda F-1 Turbo motor and put
it in Jacks car (if he'd let me), that would be legal as long as the TC was
disabled.
I've already seen streamliners with Indy car motors.
Would an additional $1,000 per motor have been noticed by the Herbert project?
And then there's Jack. I believe that he has gone faster for less money
than anyone in the history of Bonneville.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (inflammatory comment deleted)

Thanks again Dave.
Bryan

///