acceleration on the salt

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: acceleration on the salt
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:19:17 -0400
   As part of planning my car I need to know for how long the car will be
running at WOT on the long course. What driving strategies do you guys use
to get the car up to speed. Do you want your car at full speed by the second
mile, third mile? how long do you want it at that speed, just one mile or
two? I really need an accurate idea of how much of a beating my engine is
going to see there so I can try in my very limited budget to make it survive
a couple of runs.                  Scott

///