New car

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "Wester S Potter" <wspotter@jps.net>
Subject: New car
From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 19:20:42 -0700
Wes, List,
Our new car looks like a huge piece of hardware but it really isn't much
bigger than the first one. Four inches wider to accommodate the V-8 rather
than the Kawasaki, and Five inches taller behind the cockpit to allow my
sons to fit in the car. I'm the little guy of the males in the family. It's
a little over three feet longer to allow the engine, 5-speed and quick
change to fit.
Rather than build a purpose built record setter, I decided to build a car
for the family to enjoy and to go up and compete with you guys each year we
can make it. I was hoping it would turn out a little sleeker but I think it
will be fast enough to keep this old man happy.
It was good to see everyone again and sorry I could not make it to the Salt
Talks on Tuesday but the family and crew wanted to go out and eat as a group
on that evening. Maybe next year.
Howard

///