Engine Dyno

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Engine Dyno
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:50:49 -0700
Keith,
Thanks of the report on your progress. I am anxious to see what you come
up with for final figures, then I will know if it is worth the effort to
continue my project.

I have had a major slow down in enthusiasm to get the car ready this
year. I thought that I was just getting old until this last weekend.
Jeff and I went to St. Louis to attend the NHRA Drags with my brother. I
found that I was just low on the right kind of input. This meet really
got me jazzed up. I guess it was the chunks of rubber and nitro in my
face that got me primed, but now I  have found renewed energy to get to
work. At present my car is still covered with El Mirage dust and the
engine is apart with the block being serviced at the machine shop (still
the same old motor for Speedweek). Of course, after the November Lakes
Meet,  we are confident that it will run 230 MPH on John's D/GCC Record.
Well, at least I think there is hope!

The Drag Meet was a great experience. This is the first time I have
attended a 1/4 mile meet since the mid-seventies and the first National
Meet since Bakersfield in 1959. My how things have changed! The
atmosphere cannot be explained to someone that has not attended one of
these meets. I talked with Jim Brissette, who is the Crewchief on the
Montana Express Top fuel car. I also met his driver Dave Grubnic, an
Aussie that has run both at Bonneville and El Mirage.  I hadn't seen Jim
since Bonneville in the early sixties, he has been in and out of 1/4
mile Top Fuel ever since, working with several different teams with
considerable success. They qualified sixth and defeated Doug Herbert in
the first round and lost to Berstein in the second round because of
tires smoking at the end of the run.

Keep us posted on your dyno runs.

Tom Bryant, Redding (where it is raining) CA - #216 D/GCC

///