Re: Fw: Fw: Hilborn v. carbs

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Fw: Hilborn v. carbs
From: William T Smith <WmTSmith@landracing.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 20:24:50 -0600 (MDT)
If the rod was attached to a aneroid drum like in a
barometer then it could move the tapered needle in or
out as dictated by pressure altitude.  But how would it
handle humitity changes? On my Speed Pro EFI we have to
enter the humitity--it compensates for the rest.

Quoting Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>:

> I will call them on monday i have got to know how
this works ..
> Dave
>
> Joe Amo wrote:
> >
> > Dave  they
> > COMPENSATE for air density changes.
> > The reason so many use these carbs is that
> > they not only make the most power, but they
> > allow you to travel to anywhere in the world and
require
> > NO changes/adjustments, racers travel unload and do
not
> > have any adjustments to make, yes sea level or
Denver,
> > same set up, 32 degrees or 120, same set up,
thousands of
> > users every weekend can attest to them.
> > Joe :)
> >
> > Dave Dahlgren wrote:
> >
> > > Wouldn't that be a CFM change and not a density
change. most carbs will
> > > compensate for a CFM change quite well. I can put
the same 750 Holley
> or carter
> > > on a wide variety of engines and it will work
quite well but neither
> will handle
> > > a 4000 ft change in altitude very well.
> > > Dave Dahlgren