BYGONE VACA VALLEY DRAG STRIP

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: BYGONE VACA VALLEY DRAG STRIP
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:09:45 EDT
I made a Time Tunnel Trip to the long gone Vaca Valley drag strip
just over a year ago ...... climbed over a barb wire fence in the blazing
sun, walked out in a knee deep overgrown field, stood on the crumbling
bits of asphalt that was once the starting line ...... and stood there
envisioning two fuel Chizlers thundering off the line in a cloud of rubber
and nitro, seeking Top Eliminator glory in the waning rays of a California
sunset of forty years before ...... recalling the sound and fury of those
days on the many strips that I was at, on both coasts, and in between
                  Talk about a spiritual experience !!!!!
              Those days forever branded in my mind ........
THE  GOLDEN  ERA  OF  DRAG  AND  OVAL  RACING, BOTH  !!!!!!!!

   BDF

///