El Mirage 6/10

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: El Mirage 6/10
From: Drylakercr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:46:04 EDT
What a weekend!

Saturday after the course walk there was a memorial service for Tom Eiden
that I believe was just as he would have wanted it...a celebration of his
life. Then Sunday his ashes were released from the chute of his roaster. I
was the next car to go and I must admit that I had tears of mixed joy and
sadness throughout that 145 mph run. In my second run we pushed our record up
by a mile an hour to 148.7. Boy, that '39 was a handful on that torn-up
course along with the wind--Glen could second that!

Well, I know that others broke records but I can't remember them all, but
congrats to you all!

Take care--
Katie Young Cortez
#256 XXO/VGC